Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blah, blah, blah!

Seriously, I think four months is a little long to go with no update at all! Sheesh. And lots has happened.

First, we moved from Richmond, Texas to Sunny Las Vegas! Home, Baby! It feels good to be back amongst good friends. Sad to leave some buds behind in Texas, but lucky for me I live in a destination spot! hehe!

Second, I went back to work. Part time. Feels like full time. I am waiting tables at the fancy-schmancy Eiffel Tower Restaurant. I was very intimidated by fine-dining, but it is much easier than I thought it would be and really fun. I work with a fun crew of people and I work short hours (five hour shifts). And I make money. BONUS! :)

Third, with me going back to work the boys have started preschool. There have been some adjustment issues. In fact, Monday was the first day that Calvin did not cry. Oh, he was good and pathetic with "don't leave me mommy", "come back mommy", and my personal favorite "MY need you mommy". Poor fella. Now he knows his teachers well and trusts them to care for him and trusts me to come back for him. All is well. Wyatt--he likes school but doesn't like the bigger kids much. He's scared of them, and doesn't like commotion. So he naps instead of switching rooms. And at the end of the day, if I'm not there yet, he goes to Calvin's room. Whatever works. I'm sure the teachers are just happy that neither of them is screaming until I get there. Work has sent Rylee to an after school program called Safekey. She loves it. They do fun crafts, she's made friends, plays outside, has a snack. If I could rename it, I'd call it "Rylee's Heaven". Seriously.

Fourth, and this is HUGE, Calvin is potty trained. Yup. You heard right. He pees and poops in the potty. I told him on his third birthday (yes, he also turned three while I was neglecting my blog) I told him that big boys go on the potty. We went to lunch at Red Robins (yes, that is how they say it) and he declared he needed to go. It took me a few minutes to understand what he was saying. I thought he was crying because he peed his diaper. Geez mom, get it together. He had a week of trial and error in his undies and decided he didn't like that much. {Insert Happy Proud Mommy Face Here!}.

Fifth, we celebrated Thanksgiving by working. BOO! Then by having a late dinner with friends. YAY!

Sixth, we celebrated Christmas by working. BOO! Then Nolan magically (a christmas miracle really) got the day off. YAY! My brother, the one and only, was here with us for the week. So the kids had a good time and I got home from work and we started the mahem we call Christmas Gifts. I must've been really good this year, because there were a few unexpected things. (New computer moniter, PS3 and that special little green box also known as Tiffany's). I need to know what I did right, so I can do it again next year! I think everyone was pretty happy with Christmas this year.

And lastly, I was asleep before we rang in twentyten. (Pathetic, I know.)

I'd go on, but this is all I remember from my last four months. Crummy, isn't it. But I do have a few goals for the new year that include blogging more. And perhaps printing to make it a book. (I'll need a new printer for that...)And taking more pictures while figuring out that PS3 I was so excited to get. And perhaps running a half marathon...but that a story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. 4 months is a lot too remember! It sounds like a successful 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this post!!! You guys have been busy...super busy! Woooo for Photoshop and a Tiffany's box:)

    ReplyDelete