Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Brazos Bend State Park

Rylee woke up this morning with a sore throat. I made it very *clear* that if she were too sick to go to school, then she needed to stay in bed and rest. A couple of hours later she came downstairs all dressed and ready to go to school. By that time, I had heard her playing upstairs and knew she was feeling better. So Nolan and I had planned a quick little family trip to Brazos Bend State Park to check out the gators.

It was really up close and personal. The map said not to get closer than 30 feet. Well, when the gator is in the middle of the pathway, that is nearly impossible with swamp on either side. I was holding Calvin tight, he was pretty certain he wanted to pet one. He even headed for the water, like he was maybe going to swim and splash with the gators. And this was after we saw one eat a bird! Anyway, I forgot my camera and I may be too scared to ever go back, but it certainly was a fun family day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment