Saturday, July 19, 2008

So, about that Birthday


I turned 30 on July 14. The best part about being is that I've now known my best friend in the world for 30 years. She's 4 days older than me, and I did tease her relentlessly for those 4 days about being an old lady. :)

For the celebration, we had a bbq at our house with my friends Stacy (and her family) and Peggy (and her family). The kids all had a great time playing. The weather left a little something to be desired (as is usually the case here on the Oregon Coast).

Nolan grilled up some amazing little steaks, and we made this yummy pasta salad (angel hair, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella balls and artichokes with a vinegrette dressing). It was a new thing for us and it was a huge hit. I also made fruit dip to go with cantelope and watermelon. And chocolate covered strawberries. Chad and Stacy brought some yummy cake and pie. And of course, my sweet Nolan did a little bartending.

Last night, my husband took me out for dinner to the Country Club. The food was good enough, the service left something to be desired. Such is life I suppose. Afterwards we went to the movies and saw The Dark Knight, which I loved to no end. Although, it was a bit long. All in all, its been a really great birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment